If are selling or buying a vehicle in Colorado, you will need the Colorado bill of sale form. The Colorado bill of form is a legal document provided by Colorado’s DMV that the seller uses to transfer the ownership of a vehicle to the buyer. In Colorado, it is required to have a bill of sale to complete the sales transaction legally.
In case you are selling or buying other person property other than a vehicle, such as a trailer, boat, equipment, etc., you can use the trailer bill of sale, boat bill of Sale, equipment bill of sale etc. If you don’t find any appropriate ones, you can download the general bill of sale form.
Colorado bill of sale form details
The bill of sale form in Colorado details the following information:
- Full names of both buyer and seller.
- Detailed information of the vehicle such as Make, Model, Year, VIN, and Odometer reading at the time of sale.
- The full price of the vehicle that is being sold.
- Date of sales.
- Signatures of both buyer and seller.
Benefits of having a bill of sale
Both buyer and seller should retain a copy of this bill of sale from to prevent any future issues. If you are a buyer, you will need this form to register the vehicle with Colorado’s DMV. You also need the bill of sale for choosing an appropriate insurance plan.
If you are the seller, you will be released of obligation to the vehicle regardless of any situations that happen to the vehicle such as tickets, offended cases, etc.
The following detailed the procedure for obtaining the Colorado bill of sale form:
- Download the Colorado bill of sale form by click the download link below.
- Print and fill out all necessary information including the signatures of both buyer and seller.
- Submit the form to Colorado’s DMV in-person.